DUI Court Appearance - Helpful HintsIf your court appearance for your DUI is approaching, you are probably a little nervous and unsure of what to expect. Here are a few tips to help you put your best foot forward:
Be on time
Make a good first impression
Conform your behavior in court
- Dont speak directly with the Prosecutor. Rely on your attorney to communicate and deal with the Prosecutor on your behalf.
- Do not bring any food or drinks into the courtroom.
- Do not chew gum.
- Avoid negative reactions during the proceedings. This may apply more to the actual trial. Do not think that you can communicate your displeasure or disagreement to the judge or jury through your body language. Loud sighs, exaggerated eye rolls or staring at anyone other than the judge does not convey innocence; it only shows a lack of self-control. Your attorney will object if it is appropriate.
Do not leave without consulting with your DUI attorney.
- DUI - Posting Bond (duiattorneyhome.com)
- DUI - Should I take a field sobriety test? (duiattorneyhome.com)
- DUI- How do I know if I was arrested for drunk driving? (duiattorneyhome.com)