Drunk driving in Calfornia - Penalty Enhancement
How does the California court decide my DUI penalties?It is illegal in the state of California to drive with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08% or higher. Every state has established penalties for drunk driving, and many states have also instituted additional options for the court to enhance the DUI penalties if specific criteria or situations exist.
If you are arrested for drunk driving in California or in any other state it is important to talk to a DUI lawyer familiar with laws of your state. The types of DUI enhancements and the situations where they are allowed vary by jurisdiction. This blog will address common grounds in which DUI enhancements can generally be made in the state of California.
When will my California DUI penalties be increased?
- High Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC)
- Prior arrest and conviction for drunk driving
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Minor in the car
- Caused an accident or injury to another person
Hiring a DUI lawyer in CaliforniaDrivers who are arrested for drunk driving in California should contact a drunk driving lawyer immediately. This is even more important for drivers who have DUI charges which have been enhanced due to a minor in the car, an injury or accident to another person, reckless driving, or prior drunk driving convictions. Fill out our FREE evaluation form to speak to a DUI lawyers office about your drunk driving case.
- Drunk Driving and my California CDL License (duiattorneyhome.com)
- California - Refused a chemical test after drunk driving arrest (duiattorneyhome.com)
- Drunk Driving High BAC - How does this affect my DUI penalties? (duiattorneyhome.com)