Thread: Can I get dwi off record in Wilmington, North Carolina

Can I get dwi off record in Wilmington, North Carolina

is there a way i can get this off my record. this is my first offense and the police officer never asked for my license and registration. this is my first offense. this happened in wilmington, nc

Administrator
    In North Carolina, you are entitled to a DWI expungement once in your lifetime. If the judge issues a deffered sentence, then your record is eligible for expungement. Before the court will hear your petition for expungement, you must complete all of the terms included in your sentence.

It is a good idea to contact a qualified DWI attorney in your area to help you with your specific case. If you have not yet been convicted, your attorney can work with you to possibly get the charge reduced or thrown out. Nothing is guaranteed, but it is better to have an experienced attorney fighting for you.